Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday Night

Everyone loves Friday night.


I am consumed with guilt because I face trial exams in a week and I have not started studying seriously. All I think about it how much I don't want to study and how much I hate doing whatever I am doing.


I suppose it doesn't help at all that I litter the surroundings of my desk with pictures of places and things that I love and want. Concert halls worldwide, horizons, paintings, buildings - anything that touches my heart is on my wall.


I have gotten quite obsessed with the idea of photography these days. I have begun to pay attention to things that I neglected previously - mostly details, but somehow I focus on the existence of a few everyday things that have becomoe somewhat of a necessity for most young people (and older people) these days. Things like technology, and photographs.


I was just telling V the other day about how I appreciated technology. V is an older man who lives in America, and I am a freshly-turned eighteen-year-old living in Asia, and an internet connection connects us (and many other people in the world) - miraculously sending words and emoticons (even animated ones, imagine!) through invisible lines that whizz by the Planet Earth.


And Photography - we can't all be expected to remember every little detail of every little important moment that we have in, perhaps, a week. Have you ever seen a photograph that remind you so distinctly of a time or a moment, or an event, or a person that it is almost as strong as (if not stronger than) the memory that, say, a scent drags back. In that way, a photograph is so important. Because a picture really is worth ten thousand words.

Above are two different pictures of the ceiling decorations of a restaurant I frequent. I never noticed the creative decorations of this restaurant until I cast my eyes upward on the 12th of september, at night.

Always pay attention to details.

No comments: